Thursday, June 9, 2011

I've warned my mom about my bold scenes so that she doesn't get shocked: Vedita Pratap Singh

I`ve warned my mom about my bold scenes so that she doesn`t get shocked: Vedita Pratap SinghLucknow girl Vedita Pratap Singh, who has shot two bold scenes in her debut film "Bhindi Bazaar Inc.", says nothing is imposed upon the actors and that she has already warned her mother about the lovemaking sequences. 

"I warned my mother about the scenes and have already told her so that she doesn't get shocked (on seeing them). But my mother was like, 'It's okay, I understand this is your profession. But maintain your dignity and respect.' I know I have to do that and I'm careful about that, " the 24-year-old, whose parents were not comfortable with her joining movies, told. 

She says she will never compromise to step up the ladder. "I have struggled till now and I will not compromise. My self-respect is important to me. If two years down the line, I feel that I am not getting the kind of roles I want, I can always go to television." 

No one is forced to do anything here, she said.

"It depends on the individual. No one is forced here. If you want to do something, then that's your decision. No one will push you into something in this industry and I am firm that I don't want to do anything that my conscience won't allow, " she added. 

Vedita will be seen as Shabana, an over-ambitious girl who can go to any limit to achieve what she wants in life. She has two intimate scenes, one with actor Pawan Malhotra and the other with Prashant Narayan in the movie. 

She had initial inhibitions about shooting the lovemaking scenes. 

"Initially, I was a bit taken aback because I had not done anything of this sort before. But I got used to the idea after a while. I realized Shabana is a strong character and these scenes are important, so I went ahead with them, " said Vedita. 

"I was lucky, I got to do these scenes with professionals like Pawan Malhotra and Prashant Narayan. They were so focused and made me so comfortable that I felt much better. All my nervousness and hesitation just vanished. It was all very technical and when I saw the whole thing on screen, I realised it was very normal. There is nothing vulgar, " she added. 

Set in Mumbai, "Bhindi Bazaar Inc." is about pick-pocketing, an art which helps many earn their bread and butter. Director Ankush Bhatt has teamed up with actors like Kay Kay Menon, Deepti Naval, and Shilpa Shukla to bring this story on screen. 

So does she feel that skin show or bold scenes are important nowadays to grab eyeballs? 

"I don't think audience is foolish. If there is extra skin show and unnecessary vulgarity, they will notice it and will not appreciate it. So it doesn't make sense to do something that people will question. I don't think that a forced skin show is required to gain masses attention.

"Definitely the glamour bit is necessary, but that doesn't mean that to look sexy you have to just drop your clothes and look vulgar and crass. There is a way of doing it, " said the budding actress.


--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBiNdAsT-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment