Monday, June 13, 2011

Ismail Darbar wants to apologise over Oscar comment

Ismail Darbar wants to apologise over Oscar comment

Ismail Darbar wants to apologise over Oscar commentAfter rumours about the Academy planning to sue him for USD 50,000 million

After rumours about the Academy planning to sue him for $50,000 million, Ismail Darbar, who had accused A R Rahman of having bought the Oscar awards, says he is ready to apologise.

Just as a friend

The musician had indicted Rahman, who received two Oscars in 2008 Best Original Score and Best Original Song for his music in Slumdog Millionaire, of having paid for them.

Following this, there was scuttlebutt that The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences might sue him for insinuating that the awards can be bought. 

Darbar now says he has nothing against the Oscars and that he just wanted to warn his 'friend' Rahman for churning out inferior quality music since last one year.

Darbar says, "I am grateful that I have been respected in the industry for my work. I did say some things about Rahman, because as a friend I want to jolt him out of his reverie and start giving good music. 

I chose a public platform to do it, because he wouldn't listen to me otherwise. I have nothing against the Oscars. 

It is the most respected award, the whole world acknowledges it, and I do, too. If any of them (Academy) are hurt by my comments, I apologise to them." 

Darbar says he is not saying this out of fear of anyone, but God.

"I am not scared. The truth is, I realise that those people who respected me for my work, might misunderstand me and think I am baddimag (arrogant person).

Also, the fact is, I can have nothing against the Oscar panel or those behind the awards. My issue was with Rahman and I guess he's got the message by now."

Take me instead

Speaking about the whopping amount that was rumored, he says he 'obviously' cannot afford. "250 crore rupaiye please tell them to take me instead. I will be of some help to them," he says.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com


--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBiNdAsT-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment