Monday, June 13, 2011

I feel I'm 23. What can I do about it: Simi Garewal

I feel I'm 23. What can I do about it: Simi Garewal

I feel I`m 23. What can I do about it: Simi GarewalShe may be well over 60, but feels as young as 23! Veteran actress Simi Garewal is ready to quiz young and single celebrities like Ranbir Kapoor and Siddharth Mallya on her new show "India's Most Desirable" and says she is far from experiencing a generation gap.

"Genuinely, I feel I'm 23. What can I do about it? That's how I feel! I have never felt younger or older with anybody, " Simi told over phone from Mumbai.

The actress has interviewed actors like Anil Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and liquor-baron Vijay Mallya on her earlier talk show "Rendezvous With Simi Garewal". But for her latest chat show, which goes on air starting Sunday, she has their children as her guests. But Simi isn't fretting! 

"I have got very young people on my show earlier as well! On 'Rendezvous...', I had the new stars who were in the limelight... Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan and everyone. So I never felt there was an age or generational factor and I don't think my guests feel that either, " said the confident lady whose charisma can still make many new actresses look pale. 

Attempting to unveil those unknown facets of the celebrities that make them desirable, Simi says experience and knowledge are pre-requisites for someone hosting such a show.

"It's very important for a host of a show to be experienced. It is only with experience that you can deal with all age groups. 

If I was 17, I don't think I would have been able to deal with all these celebrities, handle them and bring out the best in them. It is only with experience and maturity that you can do that, " she said.

The actress, who charmed audiences with films like "Mera Naam Joker" and "Karz" three decades ago, agrees there is an over-exposure of celebrities these days through rampant film promotions and social networking sites, but she has no problems hunting for questions!

"I don't have a problem in finding questions. They come like second nature to me. I have done interviews all my life. 

By god's grace and blessings, I didn't have a problem with questions at all. I can get a feel of the pulse of the people I interview and that makes my job easy, " added the graceful actress.

Over the years, not much has changed about the actress but she hopes her "charm is still there" and promises the viewers will get to see a "far more laidback and relaxed and informal" side of her on Star One's "India's Most Desirable".


--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBiNdAsT-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment