Friday, June 10, 2011

It's one of the saddest days of my life: Madhuri Dixit

It's one of the saddest days of my life: Madhuri Dixit

It`s one of the saddest days of my life: Madhuri DixitHusain's muse recalls her cherished association with the 95-year-old, who she says was a child inside 

Husainsaab leaves back so many memories. The most endearing thing about him was his zest for life. He was a child inside. He would keep telling me, 'Wah, you are my favourite, ' like a child. It is one of the saddest days of my life.

Apart from being a wonderful artist of course, he was such a spontaneous human being. There are so many memories attached to him. Every time he would call me, he would ask 'Hows mother India doing?'

Mother India

After Arin (her first son) was born, he had named me mother India. I have been in constant touch with him. But since the last two years, we could talk only once in two or three months, because he was traveling a lot. 

Whenever he would call, he would say, 'Where are you? I am here'. And I would say where is this here? You are always on the move, London, Qatar, some other place...

Unique man

What a personality! He was 95 and not once one would feel that he was that old. He had so many goals. He told me that he is keen on making a comedy movie. I would think that when I am 95, will I even have half his energy, if at all I am alive? 

He was truly a creative person. I have never heard him complaining or cribbing about anything in life. He would spend most of his time dreaming about what he could create, and what he could do next. That kept him going and gave him so much energy. Truly a unique man.

So many memories

He burned so bright and then he went away just like that. My son remembers him very fondly. So many memories, so many memories. I don't know how to put the experience of meeting such a man in words. He had lived for a century, he had seen so much; he had traveled so much, overcome so much.

Life of India

Only thing that saddened him that he couldn't go back to India. Once or twice he mentioned to me that he missed Diwali, Holi and other religious events that happened in India. He would keep saying India is so lovely and I can't see it any more.

I think a corner of his heart ached to go back home. He was from Pandharpur and he wanted to go back there too. That's only the saddest thing. Otherwise he lived a full, creative life. 

As told to Shubha Shetty-Saha

Fond memories

Reema Rakesh Nath, the producer of Mohabbat (starring Madhuri Dixit, Sanjay Kapoor and Akshaye Khanna) where MF Husain made his debut as an actor, remembers him fondly. "I had to convince Husainsaab to do that scene. He played himself in the film and the scene was an art gallery where Madhuri meets Akshaye.

Husainsaab suggested that all the paintings in the gallery should be his, to lend authenticity to the scene. It was really a huge honour to have him with us."

Kunal Kapoor, who worked in M F Husain's directorial venture Meenaxi: A Tale Of Three Cities says, "He was an incredible man and it was my good fortune that I had a chance to interact with him personally and professionally.

You meet a man like him once in a lifetime. His passion, zest and love for life was unparalleled. He will be deeply missed." 

Shreyas Talpade, who was approached by MF Husain to play him in a biography, recollects, "The meetings with Husainsaab have been the most unforgettable moments of my life. 

He took me to the places where he grew up and used to paint film hoardings. He invited me to an Eid party at his ancestral home, where I had one of the best paaya soups with him. I will miss his energy, enthusiasm, passion for life."

"I asked him once why he doesn't wear slippers, and he narrated an incident when he wasn't allowed in a hotel once. So he decided to not to wear slippers at all. He told me that it's natural acupuncture and allowed him to sit on his knees and paint, " said Talpade. 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com


--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBiNdAsT-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment