Friday, May 20, 2011

Diamonds do not belong to me, claims Minissha

Diamonds do not belong to me, claims Minissha

Diamonds do not belong to me, claims MinisshaBollywood actress Minissha Lamba, who was detained by customs authorities at Mumbai airport for carrying undeclared jewellery worth Rs.50 lakh while returning from her much-hyped visit to the Cannes Film Festival, says there will be no case against her.

"I have given my statement and the fact is that the jewels don't belong to me. They were given to me to wear at Cannes by Anmol Jewellers, so I don't think there is any case against me.

The jewelers will be called to verify that is it their jewels and that's it. It's an open and shut case," the 26-year-old actress told. 

Minissha was in Cannes for the premier of Woody Allen's "Midnight In Paris". She returned Wednesday here by an Emirates flight via Dubai.

Why was she detained for 16 long hours? 

"It was just a procedural thing. It wasn't anything terribly serious. But the whole process is very time consuming. That's why it takes time," said the actress of films like "Yahaan", "Kidnap" and "Bachna Ae Haseeno".

On Thursday, Minissha visited the customs commissioner's office in Mumbai to complete some paperwork, but the jewellery has been confiscated and is now in government custody.

This is not the only problem that Minissha had to face during this trip. The actress also lost her bag at Nice airport. However, she is still in high spirits.

"The Cannes experience was fantastic, only the last day was a bit stressful because I lost my bag and when I returned, I was detained. But otherwise it was great and I don't think anything can mar the experience I had at Cannes," said the actress.


--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBloGT-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment