Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dancing with Kalki got this Shaitan actor his big break

Dancing with Kalki got this Shaitan actor his big break

Dancing with Kalki got this Shaitan actor his big breakActor Gulshan Devaiah put the moves on Anurag Kashyap's wife while at a party. That dance caught the producer's attention 

A surefire way of getting noticed by a producer? Dance with his girlfriend while he watches and you don't even have to bother with an audition.

Actor Gulshan Devaiah put the moves on Anurag Kashyap's wife while at a party. 

That dance caught the producer's attention. Not only did the young actor get a break in the unreleased That Girl In Yellow Boots but he was also cast in Bejoy Nambiar's Shaitan. 

Friendly introduction

The Bangalore boy was introduced to Kalki through common friends in 2007. He recounts, "She had come to see my play in Bangalore. After the show, we went to a friend's party." 

"At the party, I started dancing on the song 'Dil Dance Maare Re' from Tashan. I asked her to join me. It was a very spontaneous gig and people loved it, " he adds.

'I was scared'

A year later, when Gulshan moved to Mumbai, he met Kalki at a party again. This time Anurag was in tow. "Common friends insisted that we do the same dance again. 

I was meeting Anurag for the first time and though he is a super cool guy, his brooding eyes give him an intimidating look. At first, I was scared but we did hit the floor."

"After some time, I invited him to watch my play and he said, 'I am not interested in watching your play. I know that you are a good actor because I have seen you dance with Kalki. 

You dance very openly, I see'. Soon after that, I got a call from him for a role in That Girl In Yellow Boots! And then Shaitan happened..." Gulshan says.

Devaiah plays a spoilt brat who is attracted to Kalki in the film. So did he ever feel attracted to her in real life? "She is pretty but is not my type. I have always seen her as a buddy." 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com

No comments:

Post a Comment