Monday, May 23, 2011

Ranbir's ex Angela would love to do an item number

Ranbir's ex Angela would love to do an item number

Ranbir`s ex Angela would love to do an item numberBorn in Chennai to an Icelandic father and Mangalorean mother, 21-year-old model Angela Jonsson maintains that being half-Indian is no disadvantage in making it big in the Bollywood film industry any more. 

"I don't think being a half-Indian impedes entry into Bollywood any more. In fact, I would like to believe that I have been blessed with the best of both worlds, " Angela told over phone from Mumbai. 

There was a time when half-Indians and foreigners were offered only typical roles, but the scenario has changed ever since experimental scripts have come into play, said the model, more in the news for her link-up with actor Ranbir Kapoor. 

"Also, the industry has become open and encouraging to newcomers. Films with newcomers seem to be getting a good response at the box office. So I am hoping for the best for myself too, " she added. 

The fair, slim and trim young girl's tryst with showbiz began when Angela won the 2011 Kingfisher Calendar Model Hunt, and went on to feature in the 2011 edition of the calendar. 

But what has brought her in limelight is her link-up with a star like Ranbir. 

Is that going to help her get a push in the industry? 

"A lot has been written about this. And so far, and henceforth, I choose not to comment on it. It is a personal thing, and I would like whatever it is to remain personal, " she commented.

As of now, Angela is concentrating on improving her acting, which was not in her scheme of things until a few months back. 

She is taking dance, diction as well as acting classes to improve her chances of getting work in Bollywood. 

"I want to be good at my craft before I get into anything. So it was important for me to enroll in an acting course, a diction class to improve my Hindi, and also dance classes. Once I am prepared, I should start auditioning seriously, " Angela said. 

Dance is something Angela has always been passionate about, and she feels that could be a bonus for her in the film industry. 

"I've always loved being on stage. But I never thought I would get into acting. I had been learning various forms of dancing for a long time. Dance is a big thing in Bollywood, so I hope my talent helps me grow in it, " she said. 

Buoyed by the success of songs like "Sheila ki jawaani" and "Munni badnaam hui", Angela, who is now based in Mumbai's Bandra, said she is open to "item numbers" as well. 

"I would love to do an item number. Why not! Top actresses have done it and those songs have become a rage. Item songs have a 'wow' factor and that's what they are there for in films. For sure, I wouldn't mind doing it."


--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBloGT-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment